The vet clinic is not seen in this c1905 photo, as it was not built until c1914. It does show the general area however. The buildings (which have been demolished) on the right side of the railway are located at 8-9 Ferguson Rd.
Notes: Looking west from the Springwood platform.
On the right is 'Loorana' c.1870, built on the site of Boland's Inn c.1847; itself built on the site of the 1833 military stockade.
A NSW Govt Railway tricycle sits beyond the end of the platform with a small flower garden and a penalty warning sign.
The large white building in the centre distance is "Homedale", built for J.B. Hoare in 1881, later to become in 1918 the Blue Mountains Grammar School, under its first headmaster E.K. Deane.
Format: albumen print
Notes: Macquarie Road 1915 covering central Springwood
Format: subdivision plan, H.E.C. Robinson publisher
Date Range: c. 1915
Licensing: Attribution, share alike, creative commons
Repository: Blue Mountains City Library bmcc.ent.sirsidynix.net.au/client/en_AU/default/
Part of Local Studies Collection: Robinson Maps
Provenance: Blue Mountains City Council